Scope of Work
Brelje & Race provided topographic survey and civil engineering design services for this 17-acre sports complex featuring new all-weather track and field; bleachers and viewing area with a capacity of 1,300 people; building to house team rooms, concessions, and restrooms; synthetic turf soccer and football field; new and renovated grass sports fields and new asphalt basketball courts. Civil design focused on site grading, utilities, stormwater management, and ADA-compliant paths of travel.
- Add project improvements while maintaining the existing 100-year flood overflow routes along Nathanson Creek and avoiding impacts to protected riparian habitat.
- Convert site irrigation from potable to recycled water.
- Incorporate ADA-compliant paths of travel to connect the adjoining parking area to the sports complex.
Solutions and Successes
- Conversion of irrigation for the four new turf athletic fields and site landscaping from potable water to recycled water is estimated to save more than 4 million gallons of potable water a year.
- Low Impact Development (LID) features detain, treat, and infiltrate stormwater runoff.
- project completed ahead of schedule and in time to host the 2021 graduation ceremony.
(Project in partnership with Quattrocchi Kwok Architects)
Other Notes of Interest
- Project awarded Parks and Recreation Project of the Year by the American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE) SF Section