Brelje & Race Consulting Engineers is seeking an experienced Civil Engineer for employment in our office in Santa Rosa, California. This full-time position is available immediately and a signing bonus is offered.
- Planning and design of wastewater collection, pumping, treatment and disposal facilities
- Planning and design of potable water treatment, conveyance and distribution facilities
- Planning and design of recycled water projects
- Prepare technical reports and technical memoranda
- Conduct hydrologic and hydraulic modeling using various industry software
- Develop recommendations for equipment and materials selection
- Prepare engineering calculations following standard methods and principles
- Work collaboratively with staff, colleagues in other disciplines and clients
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering
- 10+ years of related experience
- Proficient in use of CAD software and Microsoft Office suite
- Professional Engineer in California (or ability to obtain PE license within one year of hire)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Project management of public utility infrastructure planning and design
- Proficient in utility (Pipe Network) and mechanical design with AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Proficient in ArcGIS
The ideal candidate will have experience as a senior-level design engineer or project manager. The selected candidate will work under the direction and guidance of a Senior Principal, and depending upon experience, may direct the work of other staff assigned to their projects.
About Brelje & Race
Brelje & Race Consulting Engineers is a multi-disciplined firm offering civil engineering planning and design, construction management, environmental permitting and surveying services. Since our founding in Santa Rosa in 1954, we’ve been a leading Civil Engineering firm in the North Bay offering high-quality technical work products and outstanding client service. Our team of over 20 professional engineers and engineering technicians tackle some of the toughest civil engineering projects in the North Coast region, with a reputation of developing effective and innovative solutions. A career with us is an excellent opportunity to work for a diverse clientele on a broad array of challenging but essential private and public projects, including planning, design, construction administration and operations support for water and wastewater systems and related infrastructure.
What Sets Brelje & Race Apart
- With a staff of 40 based out of a single office, we enjoy the close-knit working environment of a small office with the amenities and resources of a large company.
- As a testament to our stellar work environment, the average tenure of our staff is more than 15 years. For newer staff, it also means there is a wealth of knowledge to pull from for every technical problem you may encounter.
- We work on interesting and meaningful projects in our own community – the vast majority of our projects are in Sonoma, Lake, Mendocino, and Napa Counties.
- We provide highly competitive salaries, generous bonus pay and signing bonus, 401k with employer matching and profit sharing, comprehensive health insurance including significant employer contributions to HSA accounts, and life and long-term disability insurance.
- We offer a low-stress environment. While we take our work seriously, a work-life balance is prioritized. Employees are rarely asked to work more than 40 hours a week (and paid overtime when they are). Experienced Principals maintain realistic goals for employee productivity, project timelines, and budgets.
- Generous vacation and sick/personal time are provided, along with flexible work schedules.
- We have a lively and energetic office culture, hosting many activities during and after office hours such as holiday parties, trivia nights, and summer picnics.
- Grow with us! We encourage professional development opportunities for career growth through reimbursement for continuing education and membership in professional organizations.
- And…. We live and work in beautiful Sonoma County!
Take the next step in advancing your career by joining our growing team. Apply today by emailing your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.